- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
To apply for any of the NBAA jobs listed below, please include your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and where you saw the posting.
Apply via email to email@example.com. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line.
Apply via mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
1299 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20004
For full details about each position, download the complete job description in PDF format. EEO M/F/D/V.
Updated March 21, 2013
The Manager, Conferences & Seminars is responsible for meeting logistics, including planning and managing, coordinating and delivering world class events for the business aviation industry. The position, which is one component of NBAA’s professional development team, provides quality control and oversight of contractors/vendors, including convention services and audio-visual teams, to achieve the objectives of each event. This position plans meeting logistics, including catering, speaker management, housing management, event audio visual/technical requirements and auxiliary event activities. This position manages logistical aspects of the event on-site, anticipates problems and implements appropriate solutions, and troubleshoots issues as they arise. The Manager, Conferences & Seminars collaborates and communicates with staff liaisons and other team members to achieve event objectives.
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external).
- Strong meeting planning, meeting management and project management knowledge and skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to include active listening and questioning skills, and collaborates with colleagues on team goals. Ability to effectively communicate with hotels and convention centers on site selections, meeting room setups, and coordinate with conference speakers, as well as support staff, committee members and committee staff liaisons.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and ability to anticipate change. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and manage time well and work independently.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to independently manage meetings.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships to maintain effective negotiation of future events.
- Analytical skills, such as ability to solve problems and determine the best course of action in relationship to the project, client impact, and financial impact.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships; Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Skill in adhering to and forecasting budgets.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills including the ability to think quickly and react to last minute changes.
- Ability to travel approximately 40% annually; trip duration can exceed 10 consecutive days. Some weekend work is required as well as work beyond typical NBAA business hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m.).
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Three years experience managing events in an Association environment.
- Experience arranging logistics for events including food, hotel and location.
Desired qualifications include:
- Professional work experience in adult learning and with a high level of member/volunteer interaction and management.
- Certified Meeting Planner credential.
Updated March 21, 2013
Position provides varied and complex administrative support to the Vice President, Operational Excellence & Professional Development and Director, Professional Development. Relieves the Vice President and Director of administrative detail and performs a variety of tasks related to their assigned areas of responsibilities. This position also serves as the primary, daily back-up to the NBAA front desk receptionist during breaks, sick days and vacation days.
- Expert in outstanding customer service.
- Expert in telephone service skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal and external customers and other contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills, especially under time constraints.
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer and vendor relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the demonstrated capacity to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel 5% per year.
- Two-year accredited Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years of administrative and receptionist experience.
Updated February 20, 2013
The Operations Division Intern position is designed to provide an undergraduate college student, with an interest in business aviation, exposure to various aspects of NBAA. The intern will assist subject matter experts with research activities on regulatory and technical issues related to the operation of business aircraft. The intern will also perform administrative tasks related to Operations Division projects.
This paid internship is a temporary, full-time position for eight weeks in the summer of 2013.
- Currently enrolled in four-year accredited bachelor's degree program or recent graduate of four-year accredited bachelor's degree program
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact successfully with internal contacts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Experience with organizing projects effectively and successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Solid mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Desired qualifications include:
- Business aviation experience (through an internship or temporary employment) in a flight department or charter operation
- FAA-certificated private pilot certificate, dispatcher's license